Monday, October 12, 2009

Roasted Beets and Sweet Potatoes

Some beets and sweet potatoes from my farmshare (hello to Scott and Tricia at Yellow Wood Farm!) The reason I wanted to roast them together is that I think the colors would be so pretty together on a plate. As with most roasted vegetable, this recipe is pretty easy.I peeled my beets and sweet potatoes and cut them into about 1 inch long pieces. I also cut an onion. I put the beets in a roasting pan, and tossed with a little bit of oil, and gave them about a 10 minute head start in a 400 degree oven. I pulled the pan out of the oven added the rest of the vegetables (which I had also tossed with olive oil), some salt and pepper, and gave it a stir.

After about 30 minutes, the vegetables are tender.


A little parsley garnish, and its ready to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment