Thursday, October 1, 2009

Jealousy (Sidney Street Cafe)


My heart is breaking as I type this entry. You know how some women get jealous when their boyfriends or husbands go out for beers with their friends and worry all night about what they're doing and with whom they are doing it? Well, I'm not the jealous type, but I have to say that it is absolutely killing me that The Captain is at Sidney Street Cafe right now with some work people, and I am home, alone, drinking boxed wine and feeling sorry for myself.
It's not what you think. I'm not jealous of his companions or the fact that he's out and I'm home. I'm jealous of the fact that he is probably eating delicious little savory veal dumplings, and a richly sauced filet au poivre, or something seasonal and delicious that Kevin Nashan whipped up with ingredients he collected at the Maplewood Farmers Market yesterday. The saddest part is that I am sitting by my phone, wishing he would text me to let me know what the specials are today or telling me how the staff is asking about me. :( Too sad, really.
(The above picture is from the SSC website. Those are the veal dumplings that I dream about in my sleep.)

No comments:

Post a Comment