Sunday, September 27, 2009

What’s the Perfect Snack to Eat on Top of Hurricane Ridge?


Olympic Mountain Dark Chocolate Trail Mix of course. That’s peanuts, fake dark chocolate m&m’s, almonds, and raisins that we picked up at the Safeway. It got me thinking. What would I put in my trail mix if I made it myself? Dried strawberries, candied walnuts, REAL peanut m&m’s….maybe dried cranberries or cherries or blueberries? Ah, who am I kidding, this entry is just an excuse to post a picture of me at the top of the ridge and some of the cute animals I saw along the way.



This is somewhere along the way on Hurricane Ridge at Olympic National Park in Washington. Incredible.


Look Sans! No hands!
This is me, some people I don't know, and Canada behind us all.

The Captain made some fast friends while he was snacking on some trail mix. (Seriously, they swarmed him while he ate trail mix and I took multiple self portraits on top of the ridge.)





I call them "mountain birds". They made the most soothing sound as they nibbled on whatever was in the grass.




This deer seemed to pose for me right outside the parking lot.
Oh this seems as good as a time as any to mention that Ken Burns' series on National Parks is currently running on PBS. All I can say is that you don't want to watch it at our house. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment