Monday, September 28, 2009

Brown Sugar Mojito

As I am marinating some chicken in lime juice, rum, soy sauce, fresh parsley, chiles, garlic and brown sugar, I think "what would be a good cocktail with dinner?" The answer seemed to jump right out at me. Mojitos. With brown sugar instead of simple syrup. I think that I am inspired and have come up with the greatest idea on the planet. And then I google it. All right, there's nothing new under the sun. That doesn't take away from the fact that this was a downright delicious piece of cocktail.

Step 1 (above): Place mint leaves and half of a lime (cut into festive sections) in a glass.

Step 2 (below): Muddle.

Step 3: Add some brown sugar and rum (my friend in Miami suggested Mount Gay as a great baseline rum - and he was right - thanks Carl!) and stir.

Step 4: Add crushed ice. I crush mine by placing ice in a bag, covering it with a towel, and wacking it with a rolling pin. I'm high tech!


Step 5: Top with Club Soda. Garnish with a lime, some mint leaves, and a festive stir.


What I love most about this cocktail is that it reminds me of myself. Unrefined and sweet. (Hee hee.)






No comments:

Post a Comment