Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shandy!

Today was a busy day. I spent a lot of time in the garden pulling lettuce that had turned bitter, replanting the lettuce real estate, and fertilizing (fish emulsion - gross). Then I came inside and stood over a boiling pot of water while I canned pickles. I decided to relax at the pool (oh my God it was hot) afterwards. When I got home, I looked into a fridge that was stocked with Schlafly Summer Lager and Simply Lemonade and decided the time was right to make a shandy.

Shandy
lager beer
lemonade
lemon wedge

This one's pretty easy. Take an ice filled glass. Fill halfway with lemonade. Top with lager. Stir. Garnish. Sip. Relax.

Man oh man this is refreshing.

1 comment:

  1. Way back, when I was in high school, our refreshing summer drink of choice was the Strip and Go Naked:

    1 liter of cheap vodka
    12 pack lager/light beer
    2 pitchers of lemonade made from crappy concentrate

    Mix well.
    Relax.
    Get Naked.

    It was actually pretty tasty. And it certainly worked well ;-)

    ReplyDelete