Sunday, June 6, 2010

Grilled Rustic French with Basil

Mmmm. Fresh basil.


I love it when my fresh herbs start going crazy and I am always looking for ways to use them. This one is a nice snack to nibble on while grilling outside. Grab a date, a glass of wine, and chill on the patio while grilling with this snack.

Grilled Rustic French with Basil
several thin slices of rustic french bread
olive oil
parmigiano reggiano
pepper
chiffonade of basil

While my chicken cooks on the east side of the grill, I place my sliced french on the west side (which is turned off.) The residual heat gives it a nice toast. Toast on each side for a minute or two.



Remove toasted bread to a plate.



Drizzle some good olive oil on bread. Add freshly ground pepper. Shave some fresh parmigiano reggiano on top.


Top with chiffonade of basil. Try not to eat it all at one time.





No comments:

Post a Comment