Saturday, May 29, 2010

Companion Early Bird Outlet

I love bread. I especially love Companion Bread. Their products are made here in St. Louis and aren't loaded down with a bunch of preservatives and junk. Most of the breads contain flour, water, salt and yeast. "That's it" as their bags say. I don't remember why or how, but for some reason I ended up following Companion on Twitter. A couple of months ago, they tweeted that they were opening up the factory on the weekends and selling their products themselves at a discount. A deep discount. Breads go for $2 a pound and sweets go for $3.50 a pound.

I'm not great with numbers or measurements, but to give you an idea of what that looks like, I bought all this for $11 yesterday. That's a loaf of rustic french, a loaf of ciabatta, 4 sandwich rolls, 2 croissants, 2 blueberry bagels, 2 Morning Spice muffins and 2 blueberry muffins.

These aren't day old breads or anything. They are just whatever the bakers felt like making the night before.


Did I tell you I got a free canvas bag for mentioning that I follow them on Twitter? How cute is that? I know people are gonna be jealous at the farmers markets.



The Early Bird Outlet is held Friday-Sunday from 7-12 at 4555 Gustine.

No comments:

Post a Comment