Tuesday, April 20, 2010

This Granola Tastes Like Blueberry Pancakes

I'm beginning to think I am losing my mind. Ever since I have discovered that I love oatmeal, I have been looking for ways to use it in my cooking. I could have sworn that I read a granola recipe in the April issue of Martha Stewart Living, but when I went back to look it up to actually make the recipe, it was nowhere to be found. I hope this isn't some strange side effect of my new daily oatmeal habit.

Anyhoo, I googled some recipes for granola and put together my own recipe. Who needs Martha anyway? (Just kidding. I do! I do!)

Blueberry Granola
4 cups thick cut rolled oats
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 cup dried blueberries
2 heaping tablespoons ground flax seed
salt
cinnamon
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup maple syrup (the real stuff)
1/2 cup brown sugar
vanilla extract

Preheat over to 325F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly coat foil with some vegetable oil. Mix oats, nuts, berries, flax seed, a dash of salt and a few healthy dashes of cinnamon in a bowl.

Combine oil, syrup, and sugar in small pan. Cook over medium heat until it boils. Remove from heat and add a little vanilla.

Mix the liquids with the oat mixture until thoroughly combined. Spread on baking sheet.

Bake for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until the house smells fantastic and the oats are brown. Remove foil to cooling rack.


Seriously, yum. Tastes like blueberry pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment