Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Taco Tuesday!


Made tacos last night, but wasn't planning on documenting them here, but I wound up creating some kind of weird condiment that I thought I would share.
Cleaning out the fridge (a usual theme), I had the heart of the celery left from an older package. This is the pale, leafy part that I like to use in stocks and soups. Not planning on making any stocks or soups, I decide to cut up the heart, leaves and all, into little pieces to make a celery salad to go with our tacos. A little celery heart, some shredded carrots, some green onion, a little bit of Caribbean red pepper, a little salt and pepper, and some olive oil and lime juice.
Now I had put out some shredded lettuce, sliced green onions and black olives for the tacos, but I was feeling crazy, so I put some of my celery salad on my taco. (The tacos were made with chicken that had been marinated in olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, cumin, garlic, Caribbean red pepper and salt and pepper.) Since there was some repetition in the flavors, I thought they might complement each other.
They were really tasty this way. Kind of sweet, smoky, and spicy all in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment